Opuszczasz polską wersję strony.
Na stronie anglojęzycznej nie będziesz mieć możliwości kontynuacji zakupów.
Czy chcesz przejść na wersję anglojęzyczną?
In 1921 he took a job as a teacher at the Helena Kijeńska-Dobkiewiczowa Music Conservatory in Łódź, where he taught harmony, counterpoint, solfege, musical forms and instrumentation until 1925. In 1925 he received a scholarship of the Ministry of Religious Denominations and Public Enlightenment and began annual studies with Nadia Boulanger in Paris, which still continued briefly in 1930. After returning home he worked first in 1926-27, at the State Conservatory of Music in Poznań, and then from 1927 to 1939 at the State Conservatory of Music in Warsaw. In the years 1928-1933, together with Adolf Chybiński he was co-editor of "Musical Quarterly", then transformed into the journal “Muzyka Polska” ("Polish Music"). In 1928, together with Tadeusz Ochlewski, Bronisław Rutkowski and Teodor Zalewski he founded the Society for Polish Music Publishing. In addition, he was a founder member and from 1932 member of the board of the Polish Composers’ Union, in the years 1928 to 1930 he was deputy chairman of the Polish Section of the International Society for Contemporary Music.
During World War II, in the years 1940-1944, he was director of the Staatliche Musikschule in Warsaw (the State Conservatory of Music resumed activities under that name). After the war, in 1945, he initially settled in Łódź, where he was professor of harmony, counterpoint and composition at the State Higher School of Music, serving successively as Dean of Faculty I (1945-1947) and Rector (1947-1954). From 1948 to 1950 he also taught counterpoint at the State Secondary School of Music in Łódź. In 1951 he took work in the State Higher School of Music in Warsaw, where he lived permanently from 1954. From 1957-1966 he was Rector of Warsaw school. He received many awards and honours, including: the National Music Award (1935), the Order of Polonia Restituta (1937), State Award first and second degree (1951, 1955, 1964, 1966), the Award of the Polish Composers’ Union (1951, 1975), the Gold Cross of Merit (1952), Commander's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta (1955), the Banner of Labour Order, First Class (1960), the Jurzykowski Foundation Award (1981).
In 1975 the State Higher School of Music in Warsaw, awarded him an honorary doctorate.
Administratorem dobrowolnie podanych danych osobowych jest Polskie Wydawnictwo Muzyczne z siedzibą w Krakowie (31-111) przy Al. Krasińskiego 11A. Twoje dane osobowe będą przetwarzane w celu wysyłki Newslettera zawierającego informacje marketingowe administratora danych. Posiada Pani/Pan prawo dostępu do treści oraz poprawiania swoich danych osobowych. Informujemy, iż poza podmiotami uprawnionymi na podstawie przepisów prawa, zebrane dane osobowe nie będą udostępniane.